We are pleased to announce the following dates for GW Law's Recruiting Programs. Interviews will offered via Flo Recruit in a virtual video format.
New York Regional Interview Program: Monday, January 25, 2021
On-Campus Interviews (OCI): Thursday, January 28, 2021 - Saturday, January 30, 2021
- Students may review the 2019 Bid and Interview Data for a list of employers who participated in the 2019 interview programs, along with the percentage of students who received OCI interviews within specific GPA ranges. Almost all employers who interviewed in 2019 will be returning for the 2021 interview programs.
- Employers registered for the 2021 interview programs will be visible in CORE at the OCI tab when the list is complete in December 2020. Bidding for the 2021 interviews will be open on December 16, 2020.
These dates were selected to minimize class disruption and are in keeping with many other law schools who have also moved their recruiting programs to this timeframe. In addition, the Dean’s Office has advised us that second-year law students will have Fall semester grades in time to submit transcripts during the application process. GW Law students will be well-positioned to demonstrate their value to employers and we expect robust employer participation.
Our recruiting programs provide students with the opportunity to interview for positions for the Summer of 2021. While the majority of employer participants are large law firms, others may include public sector and private industry employers.
We appreciate that January is a long way off but would like to encourage you to start your preparation. Please take advantage of this time to research employers and polish your application materials. Career counselors are eager to work with you on this process. Resources include:
- GW Law Career Center Practice Area Spotlight Series - Active Practice Areas in the Current Legal Market: The Career Center is conducting a series of live video presentations on practice areas that are active now in the time of COVID-19. In each of the presentations, which will be recorded, a counselor from the Career Center will interview a GW Law alum who is practicing in the field. Go to Events in CORE to register for upcoming programs. Recordings of past programs can be found in the CORE Resource Library.
- What to Expect at OCI: The Career Center will offer several webcasts over the summer to provide tips on application preparation, virtual interviews, employer research, and logistics. Please be on alert for emails with dates and times. They will also be posted in CORE when scheduled.
- Counseling Appointments: You may schedule a counseling appointment online or by calling our office at 202-994-7340. Counselors are available during the summer to review application materials, discuss interview strategy, and provide mock interviews.
- CORE Resource Library: The Resource Library in CORE has practice area and practice setting information, interview tips, application material samples and guidelines, and recordings of Career Center programs and many other useful resources.